Sunday, August 31, 2008

Snowflake Kisses Baby Blanket







I have written a new pattern for a baby blanket. This one is sized for preemies and was designed as part of a Burial set for Pomona Valley Hospital Women's Center.







Snowflake Kisses Baby Blanket
The finished blanket is about 27 inches square.
Materials: soft worsted weight yarn and size 8 needles (US). I used Addi Turbo circulars.
Cast on 107 stitches.
Rows 1 - 4 Knit
Row 5: K3, purl 101, K3 (This will be the same for all odd numbered rows.)
Row 6: Knit
Row 8: K11, *SSK, yo, k1, yo, k2tog, k3, repeat from * 9 more times, SSK, yo, k1, yo, k2tog, K11
Row 10: K12, *yo, sl 2 sts knitwise, k1, pass the 2 slipped sts over (s2k1p2sso), yo, K5, repeat from * 9 more times, yo, s2k1p2sso,yo, K12
Row 12: Repeat row 8
Row14: Knit
Row 16: Knit
Row 18: K7, *SSK, yo, K1, yo, K2tog, K3, repeat from * 10 more times, SSK, yo, k1, yo, k2tog, K7
Row 20: K8, *yo, s2k1p2sso, yo, K5, repeat from * 10 more times, yo, s2k1p2sso, yo, K8
Row 22: Repeat row 18
Row 24: Knit
Row 26: Knit
Repeat rows 8 - 27 six more times.
Knit 4 rows
Bind off


If anyone finds a mistake please let me know. Thank you.

9 comments:

Kathie said...

You do such beautiful work.
Blessings

Lori said...

I recently made this from watermelon Caron as a gift - it was so pretty! It did curl a lot though. I wish I knew how to reduce the body section so I could add a wider border (still keeping it preemie size). Thanks for sharing your pattern!

Unknown said...

I am trying to make this for our local Newborns in Need but am having trouble when I get to row 8. There are 107 stitches - 11 knit = 96 - 80 (8 stitches used for pattern repeated 10 times) = 16. There should only be 11 stitches left. How am I getting the extra 5?
Thank you,
Sandi

Cozy's Corner said...

Hi Sandi, Yikes! There seems to be a typo. We have moved and I cannot find my original notes. I will work on this and get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I belong to a group that makes/donates and the burial sets would have been a good thing for members to make.

Sad that some people make it necessary for the designers to stop offering freebies, especially like these sets.

Thank you for all you share! VERY appreciated.

Unknown said...

Wow! Your article is great, useful and very informative! Check my useful articles too:)

http://about-crochet.kjwin.com/
http://about-crochet.kjwin.com/aboutcrochet-clickbank.html

Unknown said...

Wow what an amazing blog. Keep up the fab work. Planning on starting the snowflake blanket for my great niece. Thank you for pattern.

Unknown said...

Wow what an amazing blog. Keep up the fab work. Planning on starting the snowflake blanket for my great niece. Thank you for pattern.

Unknown said...

Wow thank you for the wonderful snowflake pattern I'm just about to start it for my friends baby. Lovely pattern. Please keep up the great work.